Data-enabled social science
Understanding data infrastructure needs
for research in and across the disciplines
An initiative of Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC) in partnership with Australia's five learned academies
- to support and develop the capabilities of Australia’s Learend Academies to provide leadership, advocacy and planning for data-enabled research, in a collaborative and coherent manner
- to align national research data infrastructure with the strategic needs of the various research discipline
- to establish a network of data policy and planning capabilities accross the Academies, and define shared agendas to support of data-enabled research.
- Apr-Aug 2021 Project planning
- Sep-Dec 2021 Consultation
- Jan-Feb 2022 Individual academy reports
- Mar-Apr 2022 Joint report finalised
- May 2022 Publication of outputs
- Jun 2022 Project closure and evaluation
We are in the process of forming a Steering Group of Academy Fellows and leading social science scholars to provide oversight and governance for this project.
This project is managed collaboratively by the ARDC, Australia’s five Learned Academies and ACOLA. Enquiries related to the social science component of this project can be directed to our Policy analyst email@example.com.
- Project page in ARDC website
- 2018 Academy response to ‘National Data Infrastructure HASS Scoping Study’
- Big Data and the Social Sciences (open textbook on data science methods and tools for social science research and practice)