What have been the long-term cultural and political impacts of the terrorist attacks of September 11th?
Did the terrorist attacks mark a permanent inflection point in US foreign policy or Australia-US relations?
What has been the experience of Muslim, and non-Muslim youth growing up during the ‘war on terror’?
How did 9/11 influence civil liberties and political polarization?
On the twentieth anniversary of the 2001 attacks, and as the Taliban consolidates its control of Afghanistan, a diverse panel of social scientists will take stock of how 9/11 has changed our world.
The panel will feature the following experts:
- Dr Randa Abdel-Fattah (Sociology)
- Dr Govand Azeez (Politics & International Relations)
- Dr Lloyd Cox (Politics & International Relations)
- Dr Lavina Lee (Politics & International Relations)
- Dr Vince Scappatura (Politics & International Relations)