BSc (hons) (Melbourne), BEc (ANU), MSc (London), PH D (JCU) (Hon)
Dennis Trewin was Australian Statistician from 2000-07. He is now working as a statistical consultant mostly with countries who are developing their statistical systems. His main interest is the application of official statistics to research and analysis of economic, social and environmental policy issues. He is also has an interest in superannuation and the not-for-profit sector following his appointments in these areas.
He received a Centenary Medal for his contribution to official statistics.
- Australian Statistician
- Australian Electoral Commissioner
- Chairman ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
- Chairman of the Global Executive Board of the World Bank's International Comparison Program
- President of the International Statistical Institute
- Member of the Australian State of the Environment Committee
- Trustee and a member of the Board of the Australian Reward and Investment Alliance
- Councillor, University of Canberra
- Chairman, Advisory Board, Swinburne Centre
- Deputy Chair, Program Steering Committee, Securing Australia's Future
Order of Australia (AO)
The Bulletin's Smart Australian Award (Society Category), 2004
- Dennis Trewin (2008) Challenges for Global Statistics, Statistical Journal of the International Association of Official Statistics. Volume 25.
- Dennis Trewin (2007) The Evolution of National Statistical Systems: Trends and Implications, Statistical Journal of the International Association of Official Statistics, 24: 5-33.
- Dennis Trewin (2006) A Project Management Framework that has Worked for the ABS, In Project Management and Organisational Change. John Wanna (eds.). Canberra: ANU Press.
- Dennis Trewin et al (2006) Managing Statistical Confidentiality and Microdata Access - Guidelines on Good Practice. Geneva