BEc, MA (Monash), MA (Oxford), PhD (McMaster), DSc (Oxford), FBA
Professor Gordon L. Clark is the Director of the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment at the University of Oxford with cross-appointments in the Saïd Business School and the School of Geography and the Environment. He holds a Professorial Fellowship at St Edmund Hall, and is the Sir Louis Matheson Visiting Professor at Monash University’s Faculty of Business and Economics (Melbourne). An economic geographer, he is interested in the responsibilities and behaviour of investors as regards long-term sustainable investment. This has involved research on institutions' proxy-voting behaviour, the strategies of corporate engagement, the sensitivity of firms to brand image and reputation, the UK regulation of corporate disclosure on issues related to environment and social responsibility, and the governance of investment strategy. His current research focuses upon the governance of investment decision-making in the context of market volatility and long-term obligations.
- Clark, G.L., Dixon, A.D. and Monk, A.H.B. (forthcoming 2013) Sovereign Wealth Funds. Princeton University Press, Princeton.
- Clark, G.L., Strauss, K. and Knox-Hayes, J. (2012) Saving for Retirement. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Clark, G.L., Dixon, A.D. and A.H.B. Monk (2009) Managing Financial Risks: From Global to Local. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Clark, G.L. and D. Wójcik (2007) The Geography of Finance: Corporate Governance in the Global Marketplace. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Clark, G.L., A. Munnell and M. Orszag (eds.) (2006) The Oxford Handbook of Pensions and Retirement Income. Oxford University Press, Oxford.
- Gordon L Clark and Paul Tracey (2004) Global Competitiveness and Innovation. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Gordon L Clark and Noel Whiteside (eds) (2003) Pension Security in the 21st Century. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Gordon L Clark (2003) European Pensions & Global Finance. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- Gordon L Clark (Co-Editor) (2000) The Oxford Handbook of Economic Geography. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- Gordon L Clark (2000) Pension Fund Capitalism. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- Gordon L Clark (1993) Pensions and Corporate Restructuring an American Industry. Baltimore, USA: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Gordon L Clark (1989) Unions and Communities Under Siege. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.