PhD, MA, BA (Hons I), BA
Professor JACQUI TRUE is an Australian Research Council Future Fellow and Professor of Politics & International Relations in the School of Social Sciences at Monash University. Her current research interests include the political economy of post-conflict violence against women, women’s participation and gender mainstreaming in peace and security, and feminist methodologies for international relations. Key appointments in the last five years: Associate Dean Research, Faculty of Arts, Monash University, New Zealand Performance Based Research Social Sciences Panel, Chair, International Relations Standing Committee of APSA.
- Associate Dean Research, Faculty of Arts, Monash University 2012-2015
- Member of New Zealand Performance Based Research Social Sciences Panel 2011-2013.
- Chair of the International Relations Standing Committee of the Australian Political Science Association, 2012-2014.
- Member of the External Advisory Board of the University of Queensland Asia Pacific Responsibility to Protect Centre.
- Member of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom Academic Network
- Member of the Governance Board of the Oxfam-Monash Partnership
ARC Future Fellowship 2015 - 2019
Member of the International Studies Association of North America
Member of the Australian Political Science Association
Member of the International Political Science Association
Winner of the American Political Science Association (APSA) 2012 Best Book in Human Rights Prize (awarded biennially).
Winner of the British International Studies Association International Political Economy Group 2013 Best Book Prize.
Winner 2015 Australian Political Science Association Carole Pateman Book Prize in Gender and Politics (2011-14) Award.
True, J. The Political Economy of Violence Against Women. New York: Oxford University Press, 2012
Davies, S.E and J. True. “Reframing Conflict Sexual and Gender-Based Violence: Bringing Gender Analysis Back in.” Security Dialogue 46, 6: 495-512, 2015.
Ackerly, B, Stern, M and True, J. Feminist Methodologies for International Relations, (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006).
True, J and M-L Krook. 2012. “Rethinking the Life Cycles of International Norms: The United Nations and the Global Promotion of Gender Equality.” European Journal of International Relations (EJIR) 18, 1: 103-127