BA (Syd), PhD (London), HonDLitt (Colombo), HonDLitt (WA), CPsychol, FBPsS
Professor Laksiri Jayasuriya was an Hon. Senior Research Fellow (Dept. of Social Work and Social Policy), University of Western Australia. He was a social psychologist with wide ranging research interest and expertise in social policy, comparative study of migration, ethnic affairs and multicultural citizenship. Other areas of interests included Sri Lankan studies, development studies and the sociology of mental health. He was a member of the Immigration Advisory Council, WA Multicultural Affairs Commission, National Multicultural Advisory Council, and Chair, National Multicultural Advisory Committee on Education. He was a recipient of an Hon. DLitt from the University of Colombo, Sri Lanka and from the University of Western Australia. He was also one of 50 Australians honoured by the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. In 2002, he was a recipient of a Centenary Medal awarded by the Austrlain Govenment, and a Member of the Order of Australia, AM.
- L. Jayasuriya (2012) Transforming a 'White Australia': Issues of Racism and Immigration. Delhi: SSS Publications.
- L. Jayasuriya (2010) Taking Social Development Seriously: The Experience of Sri Lanka. Delhi: Sage.
- L. Jayasuriya (2005) The Changing Face of Sri Lankan Electoral Politics. Singapore and Colombo: Marshal Cavendish Academic and Sarasavi Publishers.
- Laksiri Jayasuriya, David Walker, Jan Gothard (eds) (2003) The Legacies of White Australia. Perth: University of Western Australia Press.
- Laksiri Jayasuriya (2000) Australian Multiculturalism and Citizenship: Towards a New Paradigm, In Building the Reconciliation Bridge. Ethnic Affairs Commission, New South Wales (eds.). Sydney: Ethnic Affairs Commission, New South Wales.
- Laksiri Jayasuriya (2000) Welfarism and Politics in Sri Lanka. University of Western Australia, Perth: Dept. of Social Work and Social Policy.
- Laksiri Jayasuriya (1999) Racism, Immigration and the Law: The Australian Experience. University of Western Australia, Perth: Dept. of Social Work and Social Policy.
- Laksiri Jayasuriya and Kee Poo-Kong (1999) The Asianization of Australia? Some Facts about the Myths. Melbourne: Melbourne University Press.
- Laksiri Jayasuriya (1999) Immigration and Multiculturalism in Australia. Selected Essays. University of Western Australia, Perth: School of Social Work and Social Policy.
- (1994) Social Dimensions of Development. Perth: Paradigm Press.
- Laksiri Jayasuriya, David Sang and Angela Fielding (1993) Ethnicity, Immigration & Mental Illness: A Critical Overview of Australian Research. Canberra: Bureau of Immigration Research, AGPS.