BA (Brooklyn), MSc, PhD (Syracuse);
Professor Steven Schwartz is Chair of the Board of the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority and the former Vice Chancellor of Macquarie University, prior to which he was Vice-Chancellor of Brunel University (London). Professor Schwartz specialises in higher education, health policy and health economics. His recent research includes:
- university admissions
- university management
- measuring health outcomes
- Executive Director, Council for the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
- Honorary Senior Fellow, University of Melbourne
- Board Member, Teach for Australia
- Advisory Board Member, Acquire Education
- Oliver Smithies Fellow, Balliol College, Oxford
- Senior Fellow, Centre for Independent Studies
- Senior Advisor, Nous Group
- Chair, UK Government Review into University Admissions;
- Board - Henley Management College;
- Board - Council for Industry and Higher Education;
- Board - Richmond, American University in London; Australian Institute of Family Studies;
- Board - Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital;
- Board - Council for International Educational and Exchange, WA Trade Advisory Council;
- Board - Centre for Independent Studies.
Appointed Member (AM) in the General Division, Order of Australia, in 2013 Australia Day Honours List
- Schwartz, S (2003) Schwartz, S. Time to Bid Goodbye to the Psychology Lecture, The Psychologist.
- Milgrom, J., Burrows, G. and Schwartz, S. (2001) The future of psychology and psychiatry in the medical centre, In Psychology and psychiatry: Integrating Clinical Practice. Milgrom, J., Burrows, G. (eds.). New York: John Wiley.
- Steven Schwartz (2000) Abnormal Psychology. Mountain View, Ca: Mayfield.
- Schwartz, S., Richardson, J. and Glasziou, P. P. (1993) Australian Journal of Public Health.
- Schwartz, S. and Griffin, T. (1986) Medical thinking: The psychology of medical judgment and decision-making. New York: Springer.