Congratulations to eight Academy Fellows who have been recognised for their contributions to research and education in the 2024 Order of Australia Honours List.
Companion of the Order of Australia
- Professor Lorraine Mazerolle AC FASSA from the University of Queensland, recognised for eminent service to education, to the social sciences as a criminologist and researcher, and the development of innovative, evidence-based policing reforms.
- Professor Debbie Terry AC FASSA, Vice Chancellor of the University of Queensland, and former President of the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia. Recognised for eminent service to tertiary education as an institutional leader and academic, to the strengthening of higher education through collaboration and innovation, and to the community.
Officer of the Order of Australia
- Professor Ian Hickie AO FASSA FAHMS from the University of Sydney’s Brain and Mind Centre. Recognised for distinguished service to psychiatric research and reforms as an advocate for improved mental health care and awareness.
- Professor Deborah Cobb-Clark AO FASSA from the University of Sydney. Recognised for distinguished service to economic research, tertiary education and the social sciences.
- Emeritus Professor Peter McDonald AO FASSA from the Australian National University. Recognised for distinguished service to demographic research, policy development and professional associations.
Members of the Order of Australia
- Professor Jenny Gore AM FASSA from the University of Newcastle. Recognised for her significant service to tertiary education.
- Professor Kim Cornish AM FASSA from Monash University. Recognised for her significant service to tertiary education, to psychological science, and to the community.
- Professor Anna Haebich AM FASSA FAHA from Curtin University. Recognised for her significant service to literature as an author, historian and academic.
The Academy congratulates these Fellows and all other Australians recognised for their contributions under the Order of Australia.