Nine Academy Fellows have been recognised for their contributions to research and education in the 2020 Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
Officers of the Order of Australia
- Professor Marcia Langton AO FASSA from the University of Melbourne. A pioneering Indigenous scholar and leader recognised for her service to tertiary education, and as an advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
- Professor Bruce Chapman AO FASSA from the Australian National University; architect of the Higher Education Contribution Scheme, recognised for his distinguished service to higher education, particularly in the field of economics and public policy, and to professional societies.
- Professor Ian Harper AO FASSA, Dean and Director of the Melbourne Business School, recognised for his service to education in the field of economics, and his contributions to public and monetary policy development and reform as inaugural Fair Pay Commissioner and as a Board member of the Reserve Bank, among other roles.
Members of the Order of Australia
- Professor Sheena Reilly AM FASSA FAHMS Pro Vice-Chancellor (Health) at Griffith University, recognised for her services to tertiary education, to medical research, and to paediatric speech pathology.
- Emeritus Professor William Logan AM FASSA from Deakin University, recognised for his significant service to tertiary education and to cultural heritage research.
- Professor Stephen Garton AM FASSA FAHA Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor of the University of Sydney, recognised for his service to tertiary education administration and to the field of history.
- Emeritus Professor John Longworth AM FASSA from the University of Queensland, recognised for his service to tertiary education and to the agricultural sciences.
Order of Australia Medal
- Professor Sarah Medland OAM FASSA FAHMS from QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute for services to medical research in the field of genetics.
- Emeritus Professor Roy MacLeod OAM FASSA FAHA from the University of Sydney for his service to education and the field of history.
The Academy congratulates these Fellows and all others whose contributions have been recognised.