Professor Jane Hall is Distinguished Professor of Health Economics and Director of Strategy in the Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation at the University of Technology Sydney.
She received the National Health and Medical Research Council Outstanding Contribution Award in 2017 and was named as one of Australian Financial Review/Westpac 100 Women of Influence in 2016. Her work in health economics has spanned both research and policy across areas including health technology assessment, measurement of quality of life, end of life care, health workforce, primary care and funding and financing issues.
She has been an active member of numerous committees and working parties and is currently a member of the Independent Hospital Pricing Authority.
She established the Centre for Health Economics Research and Evaluation at UTS in 1990 and served as Director until 2012.
- 1971–73 Professor Richard (Dick) Downing
- 1972–75 Professor Geoffrey Sawer AO
- 1975–78 Professor Fred Gruen AO
- 1978–81 Professor Alan Shaw AO
- 1981–84 Professor Keith Hancock AO
- 1985–87 Professor Joseph Issac AO
- 1987–90 Professor Peter Karmel AC
- 1990–93 Professor Peter Sheehan AO
- 1993–97 Professor Paul Bourke
- 1997–00 Professor Fay Gale AO
- 2000–03 Professor Leon Mann AO
- 2003–06 Professor Sue Richardson AM
- 2006–09 Professor Stuart Macintyre AO
- 2009–12 Professor Barry McGaw AO
- 2012–15 Professor Deborah Terry AO
- 2016–18 Professor Glenn Withers AO