Applications to the 2022 Workshops Program are open
Apply now - Until 15 October 2021
What is the Workshops Program?
The Academy Workshops Program offers Australian social scientists financial assistance to host multidisciplinary workshops which aim to advance research and policy agendas on nationally important issues. The Academy supports up to eight workshops each year with funding to a maximum of $9,000 (excl GST).
Its purpose is to be a catalyst for innovative ideas in social science research and social policy, to build capability amongst young researchers and to foster networks across social science disciplines and with practitioners from government, the private sector, and the community sector on issues of common concern.
“Their purpose is not to educate the public or general body of Fellows but to bring together small groups of expert and highly motivated scholars to consider and foster the development of research in a particular area of great importance to society.”
Professor Peter Karmel AC, Academy President 1987 – 90
Over the past 30 years the Academy is pleased to have been the catalyst for over 185 workshops involving thousands of leading experts across Australia. Find out more about past workshops here and read about our 2021 recipients here.
2022 Workshops Program Applications
- Download the 2022 application guidelines which set out the funding criteria and conditions
- Prepare your application, using the 2022 application form (this is the latest version in excel format; however, applications in the previous word version are welcome and identical in content)
- Submit your application to the Academy’s National Office via email to email@example.com.
- Applications open: 03 June 2021
- Applications close: 15 October 2021
- Successful applicants notified: 03 December 2021
- Workshops held: January – December 2022
For more information contact:
Isabel Ceron, Policy Analyst
Phone: (02) 6249 1788