Six Academy Fellows have been recognised for their contributions to research and education in the 2021 Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
Officers of the Order of Australia
- Professor Jane McAdam AO FASSA from the University of NSW, for distinguished service to international refugee law, particularly to climate change and the displacement of people.
- Professor Ian Freckelton QC AO FASSA FAAL from the University of Melbourne, for distinguished service to the law, and to the legal profession, across fields including health, medicine and technology.
Member of the Order of Australia
- Emeritus Professor Beryl Hesketh AM FASSA from Western Sydney University, for significant service to STEM education, and to organisational psychology.
- Emertus Professor Ann Curthoys AM FAHA FASSA from the Australian National University, for significant service to tertiary education, to social history, and to research.
- Professor John Connell AM FASSA from the University of Sydney, for significant service to tertiary education, particularly to the geosciences and geography.
- Professor Peggy Brock AM FASSA from Edith Cowan University, for significant service to tertiary education, and to Indigenous history.
The Academy congratulates these Fellows and all others whose contributions have been recognised.