13 Academy Fellows have been recognised for their contributions to research and education in the 2020 Australia Day Honours List.
Companion of the Order of Australia
- Professor Margaret Gardner AC FASSA, Vice Chancellor of Monash University, for her distinguished service to tertiary education.
Officers of the Order of Australia
- Professor Larissa Behrendt AO FASSA from the University of Technology Sydney for her service to Indigenous education and research, to the law, and to the visual and performing arts.
- Professor Hal Hill AO FASSA from the Australian National University for service to the field of economic policy development, and to Australia-Indonesia relations.
- Professor John Piggott AO FASSA, from the University of NSW for his service to education, to population ageing research, and to public finance policy development.
- Professor Matt Sanders AO FASSA, from the University of Queensland for service to education and research in clinical psychology, and to child, parent and family wellbeing.
Members of the Order of Australia
- Professor Joan Beaumont AM FASSA from the Australian National Unviersity for service to the study of war history.
- Professor Margaret Jolly AM FASSA also from the Australian National University for service to gender and Pacific studies.
- Professor Martin Krygier AM FASSA from the University of NSW for service to legal education, and to professional associations.
- Professor Lenore Manderson AM FASSA from the University of the Witwatersrand (South Africa) for her service to medical anthropology and public health.
- Professor Ken Trotman AM FASSA from the University of NSW for service to accounting teaching and research.
- Professor Rae Frances AM FASSA from the Australian National University for service to history studies as a teacher, researcher and author.
- Emeritus Professor Jeff Goldsworthy AM FASSA from Monash University for service to legal history and philosophy.
- Emeritus Professor Sam Ricketson AM FASSA from the University of Melbourne for service to legal education, and to intellectual property law.
The Academy congratulates these Fellows and all others whose contributions have been recognised.