B Com (Hons) (UQ), MFM (UQ), PhD (Stanford)
Professor Tom Smith is one of the leading finance academics in Australia and has been ranked as the number one finance academic in Australia and New Zealand by both the Journal of Financial Literature and the Pacific Basin Finance Journal. Tom is the leading researcher in Environmental Finance, Asset Pricing Theory and Tests; Design of Markets – Market Microstructure; and Derivatives. Tom has supervised over 50 PhD students to completion and his PhD students have over 50 tier 1 papers in their own names.
Duke, UNSW, ANU, UQ, Macquarie
Fellow of Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ)
Outstanding Contribution to Education (AFAANZ)
40 Year Fellow CPA
- Linnenluecke, M. K., Zhou , C., Smith. T., Thompson, N. & Nucifora, N., (2020) The impact of climate change on the Australian sugarcane industry. In: Journal of Cleaner Production. 246, P. 13., 118974.
- Marrone, M., Linnenluecke, M. K., Richardson, G., & Smith, T. (2020). Trends in environmental accounting research within and outside of the accounting discipline. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal. 33, 8, p. 2167-2193
- Drienko, J., Smith, T. & Von Reibnitz, A., (2019) A review of the return-illiquidity relationship. In: Critical Finance Review. 8 1-2, p. 127-171.
- Han, J., Linnrnlurecke, M.K., Liu, F. Pan, Z. & Smith, T.,. (2019) A general equilibrium approach to pricing volatility risk. PLOS ONE
- Linnenluecke, M. K. Han, J., Pan, Z. & Smith, T., (2019) How markets will drive the transition to a low carbon economy. In: Economic Modelling. 77, 42-54.