BCom (NSW), PhD (ANU)
Clem Tisdell is Professor Emeritus at the School of Economics at The University of Queensland and a Professorial Associate of its Risk and Sustainable Management Group. He continues his research into environmental economics, micro-economic policy, development economics and social issues. Recent research includes:
- tourism economics
- ecological economics (including biodiversity)
- development issues in Asia
- International Advisory Board of GlobalNxt University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- International Editorial Reviewer CSPS Strategy and Policy Journal, Brunei
- Adviser to ESCAP, UNDP and to OECD
- External Examiner in Economics, University of Brunei
- Adviser in Economics, University of the South Pacific
- Adviser in Economics, University of Malaya
- Adviser, University of Botswana
- Honorary Professor, People's University of China.
- Consultancies for
- Botswana Institute for Development Policy Analysis (BIDPA)
- BP Development Consulting (BPDC) for Brunei projects
- African Development Bank
- Industries Commission
- World Bank
- Queensland Department of Environment and Heritage
- Queensland Commercial Fisherman's Organization
- Wyong City Council
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park (GBRMPA)
- Korean Rural Economics Institute
2009 Outstanding Paper Award for Emerald Literati Network for article published in 2008 in the International Journal of Social Economics.
2008 Selected in 2008 for the Outstanding Reviewer award as part of the Literati Networks Awards for Excellence for reviewing work for the International Journal of Social Economics in 2007
2006 Selection of the Economics of Environmental Conservation, Second Edition, for a Choice Outstanding Academic Title of 2006 Award by the American Library Association. Announced January, 2007.
2001 Jointly awarded, with co-authors, the Tourism Economics Award for Journal Article Excellence for the year 2000.
- Clem Tisdell (2015) Sustaining Biodiversity and Ecosystem Functions: Economic Issues. Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar (in press).
- Clem Tisdell (2014) ‘Ecosystems functions and genetic diversity: TEEB raises challenges for the economics discipline’. Economic Analysis and Policy 44, 14-20. DOI: 10.1016/j.eap.2014.02.004 http://authors.elsevier.com/sd/article/S0313592614000125
- Clement A Tisdell (2014). Human Values and Biodiversity Conservation. The Survival of Wild Species. Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar. [ISBN: 978 1 78254 438 8]
- Tisdell, C.A. (2013). Competition, Diversity and Economic Performance. Processes Complexities and Ecological Similarities. Edward Elgar: Cheltenham, UK, Northampton, MA, USA. [ISBN: 978-1-84720-746-3].
- Tisdell, C.A. (Ed) (2013) Handbook of Tourism Economics. Analysis, New Applications and Case Studies. World Scientific: Singapore. [ISBN: 978-981-4327-07-7]
- Tisdell, C.A. and Wilson, C. (2012). Nature-based Tourism and Conservation. New Economic Insights and Case Studies. Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar. [ISBN: 978 1 84844 867 4]
- Tisdell, C (2009) Resource and Environmental Economics: Modern Issues and Applications. World Scientific Publishing Company.