BA (hons) (Sydney), PhD (Macquarie)
- Gillian Bottomley (2002) Polyphony, Polythetic Practice and Intercultural Communication, Journal of Intercultural Studies.
- Gillian Bottomley (2000) Politics, Policies and Possibilities: Interculturalism in France and Australia, Communal Plural.
- Gillian Bottomley (2000) Jean Martin and the Exploration of (In)difference, Asia-Pacific Journal of Anthropology.
- Gillian Bottomley (1999) Towards a robust pluralism: Jean Martin's spirit of inquiry, In The future of Australian multiculturalism. Hage, G and Couch, R. (eds.). Sydney: Research Institute in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Gillian Bottomley (1999) Cultures, multiculturalism and difference: some Greek-Australian initiatives, Etudes Helleniques/Hellenic Studies 7(2) Autumn.
- Gillian Bottomley (1998) Anthropology and the rhizomatic study of migration, The Australian Journal of Anthropology.
- Gillian Bottomley (1998) Colonialisms and contrapuntal histories: Writing modern Greece, In Appreciating difference: writing postcolonial history. B. Edwards and W. Ommundsen (eds.). Geelong: Deakin University Press.
- Gillian Bottomley (1992) From Another Place: Migration and the Politics of Culture. Melbourne: Cambridge University Press.