BSc, DipEd, MEd Studies, PhD, DLitt
Sir John Monash Distinguished Professor
Professor JOHN LOUGHRAN was the foundation Chair, Curriculum and Pedagogy and Executive Dean Faculty of Education, Monash University. Now an Emeritus Sir John Monash Distinguished Professor his research has been in teacher education and science education. Other areas of expertise include:
- Science Education
- Reflective Practice
- Teaching and Learning in Secondary Schools.
Key appointments in the last ten years:
- Associate Dean
- Director of Higher Degrees
- Director of Pre-service Education.
- Emeritus Sir John Monash Distinguished Professor
- Executive Dean, Faculty of Education, Monash University (2010 - 2019)
- Associate Dean, Faculty of Education, Monash University (2005 - 2007)
- Director, Higher Degrees by Research, Monash University (2002 - 2005)
- Director, Pre-service Education, Monash University (1995 - 1999)
Loughran, J., Berry, A., & Mulhall, P. (2012). Understanding science teachers' pedagogical content knowledge. Dordrecth: Sense.
Loughran, J. (2010) 'What expert teachers do: Teachers' professional knowledge of classroom practice'. Sydney: Allen & Unwin and London: Routledge.
Russel, T., & Loughran, J. (eds) (2007) 'Enacting a Pedagogy of Teacher Education'. London: Routledge.
Loughran, J. (2006) 'Developing a Pedagogy of Teacher Education'. London: Routledge.
Loughran, J., Hamilton, M.L., LaBoskey, V., & Russell, T. (eds) 'The International Handbook of Self-Study of Teaching and Teacher Education Practices (Vols 1 & 2)'. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Loughran J, Mitchell I & Mitchell J (eds) (2002) 'Learning from Teacher Research'. New York: Teachers College Press.
Loughran, J., & Northfield, J. (1996) 'Opening the classroom door: Teacher, Researcher, Learner'. London: Falmer Press.