BSc, MA, DipEd (Durham), PhD (London), MA (Melbourne)
Emeritus Professor Victor Prescott joined the University of Melbourne as a Lecturer in Geography in 1961, after education at the Universities of Durham and London and in the Royal Regiment of Artillery. During a distinguished Melbourne career he earned a Personal Chair in Geography in 1986, published many internationally influential works in political geography, served a year as Academic-in-Residence for then Foreign Minister Bill Hayden working on the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, and made a major contribution as Vice-President and President of the University’s Academic Board and a Pro Vice-Chancellor. As a psephologist he called elections for ABC Television between the 1960s and the 1980s, achieving 100 per cent accuracy in forecasts, with calculations made (in pre-computer days) using only a slide rule. His many books include International Frontiers and Boundaries (2008), co-authored with Gillian Triggs.
- S. Davis and V. Prescott (2002) Aboriginal Sea Rights in Australia, International Journal of Marine and Coastal Law, 17 (1): 1-31.
- Victor Prescott (2002) Australia-Indonesia, and Oman-Pakistan, In International Maritime Boundaries vol. IV, 2697-2728 and 2809-2822. J.I. Charney and R.W.Smith (eds.). The Hague: Martinus Nijhoff.
- Victor Prescott and Stephen Davis (2002) Demarcation of the northern section of the Burma-Thai boundary, In The Razor's edge. C.Schofield, D.Newman, Alasdair Drysdale and J.A.Brown (eds.).
- C. Schofield and V. Prescott (2001) Undelimited maritime boundaries of the Asian Rim in the Pacific Ocean, Maritime Briefing, Vol.3 (1), International Boundaries Research Unit, 68 pp.
- Victor Prescott (2000) Resources of the continental margin and international law, In Continental Shelf Limits: the scientific and legal interface. P.J.Cook and C.M.Carleton (eds.). Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Victor Prescott (2000) East Timor's potential maritime boundary options, In The maritime dimensions of independent East Timor. D.S.Rothwell and M.Tsamenyi (eds.). Wollongong Papers on Maritime Policy No. 8, 79-106.