BSc (Hons) (Sydney), MA, PhD (Clark University)
Professor Katherine Gibson was formerly Head of the Department of Human Geography in the Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies at the Australian National University. She is currenlty a Professorial Research Fellow at the Institute of Culture and Society at the University of Western Sydney. Professor Gibson is an economic geographer whose research focuses on diverse economies and alternative economic development pathways. She is currently involved in action research projects in Australia and Asia that strengthen community economies in the face of globalisation. Other areas of expertise include:
- feminist and poststructuralist theory
- anti-essentialist class analysis
- enterprise studies.
- Director, Centre for Women's Studies, Monash University
- Visiting Professor, Institute of Political Economy, Carleton University, Canada
- Collaborative Writing Fellow, Rockefeller Foundation Study and Conference Centre, Bellagio, Italy.