BSc (hons), DipEc (Southhampton), PhD (Sydney)
Professor Peter Saunders is the Director of the Social Policy Research Centre, University of New South Wales. His research interests include:
- poverty, household budgets and the analysis of needs
- income distribution and inequality
- social security issues
- comparative social policy in OECD and Asian countries
- NSW Social Justice Reference Group
- Academies' Special Project on Poverty and Inequality (Co-Director)
- Chair, ASSA Workshop Committee and Panel B
- Saunders, P. (1998) Poverty and Health: Exploring the Linkages between Financial Stress and Emotional Stress in Australia, Australian Journal of Public Health 22(1):11-16.
- Saunders, P. (1997) Living Standards, Choice and Poverty, Australian Journal of Labour Economics 1:49-70.
- Saunders, P. (1994) Welfare and Inequality. National and International Perspectives on the Australian Welfare State. Melbourne: Cambridge University Press.
- Saunders, P. (1993) Longer Run Changes in the Distribution of Income in Australia, Economic Record 69(207):353- 366.
- Saunders, P. (1991) Selectivity and Targeting in Income Support: The Australian Experience, Journal of Social Policy, 20(3): 299-326.