BCom(Hons) (Ceylon), PhD (La Trobe)
Prema-chandra Athukorala is Professor of Economics, Division of Economics, Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies, The Australian National University. He specialises in economics of development with a focus on international capital mobility and financial crises, structural adjustments and stabilisation reforms, determinants of economics growth, multinational enterprises and international production, patterns and determinants of trade flows, and international labour migration. He has been a consultant to the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, International labour Organisation (ILO), United Nations Industrial Development Organisation, the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, and to the governments of Sri Lanka, Nepal, Vietnam and Ethiopia.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala and Kunal Sen (2004) The Determinants of Private Saving in India, World Development, 32(3), 491-503.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala and Pang-Long Tsai (2003) Determinants of Household Saving in Taiwan: Growth, Demography and Public Policy, Journal of Development Studies, Vol. 39, No. 5, pp. 65-88.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala (2003) Foreign Direct Investment in Crisis and Recovery: The East Asian Experience, Australian Economic History Review, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 197-213.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala and Sisira Jayasuriya (2003) Food Safety Issues, Trade and WTO Rules: A developing Country Perspective [with S. K. Jayasuriya], World Economy, Vol. 26, No. 9, pp. 1395-1416.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala (2003) Crisis and Recovery in Malaysia, 2nd edition (1st edition in 2002). Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar.
- Athukorala, Prems-chandra and Sarath Rajapatirana (2003) Capital Flows and the Real Exchange rate: A Comparative Study of Asia and Latin America, The World Economy, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 613-637.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala and Kulan Sen (2002) Saving, Investment and Growth in India. Oxford and Delhi: Oxford University Press.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala and Sarath Rajapatirana (2000) Liberalization and Industrial Transformation: Sri Lanka in International Perspective. Oxford and Delhi: Oxford University Press.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala and Chris Manning (1999) Structural Change and International Migration in East Asia: Adjusting to Labour Scarcity. Oxford and Melbourne: Oxford University Press.