BCom Hons (QLD), MBA, PhD (Minnesota), CPA
Professor Ron Weber was Dean, Faculty of Information Technology, Monash University from 2004 to 2012 and Pro Vice-Chancellor and Campus President of Monash South Africa in 2013. He is now retired. He specialises in information management, information systems development, and control and audit of computer systems. His research focuses on finding better ways to model real-world phenomena to provide a basis for developing high-quality computer-based information systems. Professor Weber is a past President of the Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand and the Association for Information Systems. In 2000, he won the prime Minister's Award for University Teacher of the Year.
- Francois Bodart, Arvind Patel, Marc Sim, Ron Weber (2001) Should Optional Properties Be Used in Conceptual Modelling? A Theory and Three Empirical Tests, Information Systems Research. Volume 12, Number 4, pp. 384-405.
- Yair Wand, Veda Storey, Ron Weber (1999) An Ontological Analysis of the Relationship Construct in Conceptual Modeling, ACM Transactions on Database Systems, Volume 24, pp. 494-528.
- Ron Weber (1999) Information Systems Control and Audit. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, USA: Prentice-Hall/Pearson.
- Ron Weber (1997) Ontological Foundations of Information Systems. Melbourne: Coopers and Lybrand.
- Jim Hann, Ron Weber (1996) Information Systems Planning: A Model and Empirical Tests, Management Science, pp. 1043-1064.