BAppSc (Canberra), BLetters, PhD (ANU)
Emeritus Professor STEVE DOVERS was Director, Fenner School of Environment and Society, the Australian National University, from 2009-2017, was an inaugural ANU Public Policy Fellow, and is an Honorary Professorial Research Fellow at Charles Darwin University. Following formal retirement in 2017, he continues to undertake research, supervision and teaching in environmental policy, disaster management and climate adaptation.
Main Teaching, Research or Administrative Posts
- Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow, ANU, 1996 - 2006
- Professor, ANU, 2006 - 2017
- Emeritus Professor, ANU, 2017 -
Other Key Appointments
- Inaugural Chair, Management Committee, Future Earth Australia, 2017-18
- Cluster Lead Research, Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC, 2013-17
- Board Member, Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network 2011-13
- Chair, Science Advisory Council, The Mulloon Institute, 2015-
- Member, National Wildlife Corridors Plan Advisory Group 2012-13
- Editorial Board, Environmental Science and Policy, Local Environments, Resilience, and Australasian Journal of Environmental Management .
- Senior Associate, Aither.
Dovers, S. 2020. Public policy and disaster justice. In: Lukaseiwicz, Baldwin (eds). Natural hazards and disaster justice. Palgrave Macmillan.
March, A, and Dovers, S. 2017. Mainstreaming urban planning for disaster risk reduction. In: Sipe, Vella (eds). Australian handbook of urban and regional planning. Taylor and Francis
Steele, W, Hussey, K, and Dovers, S. 2017. What’s critical about critical infrastructure? Urban Policy and Research. 35: 74-86.
Stephen Dovers and Karen Hussey (2013), Environment and sustainability: a policy handbook (2nd edition). Sydney: Federation Press
John Handmer and Stephen Dovers (2013), Handbook of disaster policies and institutions (2nd edition). London: Routledge/Earthscan
Stephen Dovers (2013), The Australian environmental policy agenda, in Australian Journal of Public Administration, Vol 72: 114 - 128
S R Dovers and A A Hezri (2010), Institutions and policy processes: the means to the ends of adaptation, in Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews Climate Change, Vol 1: 212 - 231
Stephen Dovers (2013), How much adaptation: are existing policy and institutions enough?, in Climate adaptation futures (pp: 97 - 102). Palutikof, J et al (eds). Chichester: Wiley-Blackwell
Stephen Dovers (2009), Normalizing adaptation, in Global Environmental Change, Vol 19: 4 - 6