MA (Wellington), PhD (Harvard)
Professor Stephen Turnovsky holds the Ford and Louisa Van Voorhis Professorship of Economics. He received his Ph.D. from Harvard University in 1968. He is a Fellow of the Econometric Society, is a former Editor of the Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, and remains on that Journal’s Advisory Board. Currently he serves as an Associate Editor of Macroeconomic Dynamics, where he also serves as Special Issues Editor, the Journal of Public Economic Theory, and the Journal of Human Capital, as well as being on the Editorial and Advisory Boards of a number of other journals. He is a past President of the Society of Economic Dynamics and Control and of the Society for Computational Economics.
- S.J. Turnovsky (2004) The Transitional Dynamics of Fiscal Policy: Long-run Capital Accumulation and Growth, Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking 36.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky and Pradip Chattopadhyay (2003) Volatitlity and Growth in Developing Economies: Some Numerical Results and Empirical Evidence, Journal of International Economics, 59:267-295.
- Santanu Chatterjee, Georgios Sakoulis, and Stephen J. Turnovsky (2003) Unilateral Capital Transfers, Infrastructure Investment, and Economic Growth, European Economic Review, 47: 1077-1103.
- T.S. Eicher and S.J. Turnovsky (eds) (2003) Growth and Inequality: Issues and Policy Implications. Cambridge MA: MIT Press.
- J. Aizenman and S.J. Turnovsky (2002) Reserve Requirements on Sovereign Debt in the Presence of Moral Hazard - on Debtors or Creditors, Economic Journal, 112:107-132.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky (2000) Methods of Macroeconomic Dynamics. Cambridge MA: MIT Press.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky (1997) International Macroeconomic Dynamics. Cambridge, MA : MIT Press.
- Stephen J. Turnovsky (2009) Capital Accumulation and Economic Growth in a Small Open Economy, Cambridge UK: Cambridge University Press.
- W.F. Liu and Stephen J. Turnovsky (2005) Consumption Externalities, Production Externalities, and the Accumulation of Capital, Journal of Public Economics, 89: 1097-1129.
- C. Garcia-Penalosa and S.J. Turnovsky (2008) Distributional Dynamics in a Neoclassical Growth Model, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 32: 1399-1431.
- S. Chatterjee and S.J. Turnovsky (2007) Foreign Aid and Economic Growth: The Role of Flexible Labor Supply, Journal of Development Economics 84: 507-533.