GCOMRI, QC, FRSA (Hon), FAHA, FTS, FACE, FRSA, FRAIA, FRACP, FASA, FRACMA, FRACOG, FCA, FACRM, FANZAAS, BA, LLM (Melbourne), MA, DCL (Oxford), HonLLD (Hong Kong; Queensland; Melbourne; Western Australia; Turin; Australian National University; Tasmania; Victoria University; Deakin; Monash), HonDLitt (New England; Sydney; James Cook University of North Queensland; Oxford), HonDHL (University of Redlands, California; Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, Cincinnati), HonDUniv (Newcastle; Griffith; University of Sunshine Coast, Queensland), HonDPhil (Hebrew University of Jerusalem; Tel Aviv). Fellow 1952, Honorary Fellow 1977.
- Zelman Cowen (1986) A Touch of Healing (3 volumes).
- Zelman Cowen (1986) Reflections on Medicine, Biotechnology and the Law - (Pound Lectures). USA: University of Nebraska.
- Zelman Cowen (1976) Individual Liberty and the Law.
- Zelman Cowen (1969) The Private Man.
- Zelman Cowen (1967) Isaac Isaacs; 2nd ed 1993.
- Zelman Cowen (1965) Sir John Latham and Other Papers.
- Zelman Cowen and D Mendes da Costa (1961) Matrimonial Causes Jurisdiction.
- Zelman Cowen (1959) Federal Jurisdiction in Australia; 2nd ed. with Leslie Zines 1978; 3rd ed. with Leslie Zines 2002.
- Zelman Cowen (1957) Australian Private International law.
- P.B. Carter and Zelman Cowen (1956) Essays in the Law of Evidence. England
- Zelman Cowen (1954) Australia and the United States: Some Legal Comparisons.
- Specialist Editor - Cowen (1949) Dicey's Conflict of Laws.