Date & Time
December 05, 20239:00AM - 5:00PM
LocationMajura Park Canberra and online
This workshop took place on 5 December 2023 in Canberra and online to provide an opportunity for those interested in the Australian Research Council’s (ARC) premier Centres of Excellence program to learn about the ins- and outs of developing a successful application and running a successful centre. The focus was on opportunities for aspiring researchers in the humanities, arts and social sciences to design transformational research programs and strategic partnerships with enduring impact in the leadup to the 2026 CoE round and beyond.
This workshop featured a mix of presentations, panel discussions, and plenary Q&A sessions with current Centre Directors, Chief Operating Officers and ARC personnel.
The workshop was a joint initiative of the Australian Research Council (ARC), the Australian Academy of the Humanities, the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia, and the Australasian Council of Deans of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities (DASSH).
The program and slides from presenters are available to download as follows:
- Opening session – HASS ARC Centres of Excellence Workshop – Alison Ross & Anika Gauja
- Panel 1 – HASS ARC Centres of Excellence Workshop – Lynette Russell
- Panel 1 – HASS Centres of Excellence Workshop – Brendan Hokowhitu
- Panel 2 – HASS ARC Centres of Excellence Workshop – Susan Danby
- Panel 2-HASS ARC Centres of Excellence Workshop – Janeen Baxter
- Panel 2-HASS ARC Centres of Excellence Workshop – Stephen Gray