Completing Australia’s Retirement Income System: Implications of the Retirement Income Review Report
Thursday 4 March 2021
The Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia, the Tax and Transfers Policy Institute and the Social Policy Institute will jointly convene a group of academic and industry experts and senior government officials to discuss the findings and implications of the Retirement Income Review Report, led by Michael Callaghan AM PSM.
The roundtable is aimed to explore the Report with a view to identifying the measures still needed, based on the Report’s findings, to ensure the retirement income system does meet its objective of ‘adequate, equitable, sustainable and coherent’ retirement incomes.
Experts presenting at the roundtable include:
- Honorary Professor of Public Policy and former Australian Public Service Commissioner Andrew Podger AO,
- Director of the Tax and Transfers Policy Institute at ANU Robert Breunig
- Director of the Social Policy Institute at ANU Peter Whiteford
- Senior Partner at Mercer David Knox
- Director of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research John Piggott AO
- Chairman, Retirement Income at Challenger Jeremy Cooper
- Deputy Director of the ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research Hazel Bateman
- Associate Professor of the Social Policy Research Centre at UNSW Bruce Bradbury.
A summary report will be publicly available following the event.
Andrew Podger AO: Responding to Callaghan: Completing Australia’s retirement income system. TTPI – Working Paper 16/2020.